Oven fried salmon cakes
These are a delicious way to get your omega-3s. We use tinned wild-caught salmon, which contains fewer toxins than farmed salmon.
- 1 415g can Wild caught pink or red salmon
- 1 cup Cooked sweet potato (mashed)
- 2 Eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parsley (minced)
- 2 spring onions (very thinly sliced)
- 1 tbsp old bay / all spice seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp hot sauce (not for the kids!)
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tspn black pepper
- 1 zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp butter or ghee (melted)
Preheat oven to 220 degrees
Drain the liquid from the salmon, remove the bones, and crumble into a large mixing bowl
Add the sweet potato, eggs, almond flour, spices, hot sauce and lemon zest. Mix well and refrigerate for 10 minutes
Brush some baking paper with the ghee and use a 1/3 measuring cup to scoop the cakes and drop them on to the paper
Patties should be 2.5 inches across and 1 inch think
Brush the tops with ghee and cook for 20 minutes. Flip and bake for another 10 mins until golden brown and crispy. Serve with lemon.
Serve with lemon.